The Barnstable County Information Technology Department was formed in July of 2005. The mission of this department is to provide the staff and offices of the County of Barnstable with high quality advice and support in the technology and communications fields.
The IT department staff also performs these functions:
- Maintain computer hardware and software;
- Maintain communications services, such as email, telecommunications systems and internet access (to public and departments);
- Recommend, design and implement technology improvements;
- Install and test hardware and software;
- Provide day-to-day troubleshooting and support;
- Provide training to County staff on technology improvements.
The Information Technology department manages and administers the County’s networks and multi-user systems. The department also provides database administration services and website management services to County departments. The goal of these services is to ensure that the County’s data and networks are secure and maintained in a sustainable fashion.
William Traverse, Director
For technical assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk at (508) 744-1250.